Skip to main content

Tips for getting back into shape after having a baby:

 Hello world! I am a month postpartum and I am feeling great! 

I've been very hesitant to write this post but a lot of people have been insisting me to write a post about how I am able to get back into shape so quickly after having a baby. 


I've been hesitant because I understand that every Body is different and that things that work for me might not always be effective for somebody else. With that said, I just want to say that having a baby is a huge blessing and worth it no matter what. So for those ladies that have a harder time getting back into shape, I want to tell you that I admire you for being selfless and still making the decision of bringing one of Gods precious children down to earth. Your beautiful mommies!!

Of course having a baby is no easy task and it takes a huge toll on your body. Eating healthy and working out are pretty universally known things that are very important to do during and after pregnancy but I want to talk about things I do after I have the baby that are not universally known.

With all three of my pregnancies I have wrapped my belly after having the baby. Yes, this is painful ladies but I think it has been well worth it!!The tradition of postpartum belly wrapping is quite common in other countries but very foreign here in America. First of all, after you deliver a baby you have organs that are loose and that need to get back into place and you also have extra skin in your tummy.The concept behind belly wrapping is that it helps shrink that extra skin and helps put your organs back into place faster. I usually put on my belly wrap a couple of hours after having a baby but of course you should do it when you feel ready. It is definitely uncomfortable at first but I feel like it has really helped shrink my stomach very quick. I usually wear it day and night unless i'm going out because it is a little bulky and  once in a while I do give myself a break a few nights. I usually wear it for 6 weeks. Their are several bands out their for this like the belly bandit http://bellybandit.com/. I've heard a lot of great things about that band but I use something cheaper. My last two pregnancies I've used an everlast slimmer belt which looks like this:

Essentially you want something you can put on tight. I wouldn't recommend a girdle because I don't think that does the same thing. You want something that you can adjust and that you can tighten. I have recently even heard that the Kardashians do this. Here is a little clip about it:
This is the main thing I believe has helped me lose my stomach so quickly.

But besides this I also started working out my abs about 2 weeks after having the baby. Again, it is important not to strain yourself. Just do workouts you feel comfortable doing and start when you feel ready, for me I felt ready about 2 weeks postpartum but everybody is different.

 I want to share one more tip with you guys:

Unfortunately Stretch marks is very common during pregnancy because of how much weight you gain. Nevertheless you CAN prevent them or can reduce the amount you get. During all three pregnancies I've put on cocoa butter on my belly everyday to keep my stomach moisturized. It hasn't been proven that cocoa butter helps prevent stretch marks but many people say that it helps and I have used it and I believe that it has helped me so that is why I'm sharing. And do not scratch your belly!! I know it is hard to control but if you do you will or can get them!! When my stomach felt itchy, I usually just rubbed lotion on. There are a lot of lotions out their that help prevent stretch marks. The one that I really like is Queen Helene Cocoa Butter because it is cheap and the bottle is huge. One bottle will last you your whole pregnancy!

After I have my babies I also put on other lotions to help. I use Palmers firming butter on my stomach to help firm that extra skin. And I also use Palmers Cocoa butter for stretch marks which helps fade any marks left on my stomach after baby.

hmmm, I can't think of anything else I do. Well this is pretty much it. I currently feel pretty happy with my post pregnancy body. I still put on my wrap when I am at home but for the most part I feel like I have lost most of the weight.

I believe that motherhood is the most sacred calling of a women so please don't feel bad if you can't lose your pregnancy weight. At the same time I want to encourage you all and give you all that extra affirmation that it is possible to lose the weight with dedication and perseverance.

Thank you for reading my blog guys!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first 5 years of my Eternal Marriage

So October 1st was Jeremiah and I's 5th year anniversary. :) Thank's to the help of my in laws, who where able to stay with our boys, we had the opportunity to get away for a few days and spend some time with each other which was really nice and refreshing:) It is so nice to take time away from all the hustle of daily life to spend a few days with your spouse. Specially when you have small children because it is so difficult to get alone time with your spouse when you have little children... Even with a small budget it is possible to make it happen. So I definitely encourage all you married people out there, if you can, plan something out. Surprise your husband or wife with a weekend getaway. Even if it's just one night. If your on a low budget, even something as cheap as going camping just with your significant other is totally worth it:) Any who, I wanted to write this post because throughout these 5 years I have learned A LOT of lessons. I have to admit that...

Kindness is the answer

            I read an article today about a study that was done by various social scientists at the University of Washington. The article states that SCIENCE has found that   lasting   marital relationships come down to   kindness   and   generosity .   The article caught my attention because of the simplicity of the behavior of being kind. I was expecting perhaps an article about how it is essential to have good chemistry, compatibility, shared interests... Things that I have heard from those around me that are apparently key for a successful marriage… Kindness though? I mean this is just a basic behavior that I try to teach my toddlers. My question at first was, how is kindness supposed to be an answer to a successful marriage? That's when I continued to read...  The article starts out by repeating the well-known distressing statistic of how the majority of marriages fail, with only 3 in 10 surviving. Statisti...

Romance on campus

Jeremiah and I have been married for almost 4 years. Our anniversary is October 1st and this is how we met. Brigham Young University-Idaho is often referred to as BYU-I do and for a good reason. Jeremiah and I briefly met at the Latin Association in June 2010 but it was a game that brought us to meet again. That day at the Latin association we played a game called the "murder spoon game". We each had a spoon with our name on it and we put it in a hat and the hat went around and we each picked a spoon with someones name on it. Our job was to take that spoon home and during the week find the person who's name was on the spoon and steal the spoon the other person had and who ever had the most spoons by the next meeting was suppose to win the game. I honestly forgot about the game and just kinda shoved the spoon I got in my backpack. A few days after the meeting. Jeremiah came knocking on my door. When I saw him at the door I thought he was looking for one of my room mates bu...